Kazakhstan is a wonderful country for recreation and entertainment. And in its capital Astana there are many beautiful places that attract tourists from all over the world. There are real "pearls" here, once you see them, you will definitely not forget! Here is our list of wonderful places in Astana!
Astana has many beautiful places that attract tourists from all over the world. But there are real "pearls", once you see them, you definitely won't forget them! Here they are:
1. Baiterek Tower The first attraction on our list, which is the most popular place in Astana. Not only local tourists, but also foreign visitors come here and enjoy very beautiful views from this tower. It is located on Nurdzhol Boulevard, a pedestrian zone in the business and administrative center on the left bank of the Ishim River. Since it is also an observation tower, you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the whole city. You will be delighted!
2. Ak Orda The second noteworthy tourist spot in Astana, which is none other than the name of the presidential palace. For security reasons, you can only see the building from the outside, but even that will impress you. The building has a total of seven floors with different halls and its total height is 80 meters. The roof is dome-shaped with a spire. On top of the dome is a golden colored sun with 32 rays. In front of the building, there is a large area where various kinds of plants, flowers and green grass are planted.
3. Ethno-memorial complex "Atameken" In this tourist place you can see reduced copies of 200 most recognizable sights of the whole Kazakhstan. It is safe to say that this is a visual map of Kazakhstan! It is recreated on an area equal to two soccer fields. This complex includes many copies of famous museums, monuments, towers, forests, parks and natural heritage. It is a paradise for photographers and history buffs!
4. Entertainment center "Duman" Want to see different sea creatures in one place? Then you should come to the Duman Entertainment Center. It has several themed areas such as an aquarium, 3D cinema, a network of cafes and shopping halls, etc. The main attraction is the aquarium, which is home to over 3000 creatures of 100 different species. You can see everything from small fish to big sharks!
5. Entertainment center "Khan Shatyr" In fact, it is a very large transparent tent 90 meters high with a total area of 140,000 square meters. This is equivalent to 10 soccer stadiums! There is a dino park, a shopping center, a gold slide, a ghost hunt, a slide, a monorail, a river for boating, an entertainment center, mini golf, and an indoor beach resort. By the way, sand from the Maldives is brought there. This is an excellent place for a vacation with children, company and couples.
6. MEGA Silk Way This is the most advanced and ambitious project of the government of Kazakhstan. This large complex has 210 retail units, a food court, a ten-screen movie theater including IMAX, parking, restaurants and children's entertainment areas. The high-tech building will definitely drive you crazy.
7. Hazrat Sultan Mosque Now let's move on to the religious tourist spots in Astana! Hazrat Sultan Mosque is a place you should also visit. What is remarkable is that it is the largest mosque in Central Asia. It is designed in classical Islamic style, which makes it unique compared to other mosques. There are four minarets at the corners of the mosque, each of which is 77 meters high. If we talk about its capacity, more than 10,000 worshippers can pray here without any problems.
8. Nur-Astana Mosque It is interesting because it is the third largest mosque in Central Asia and the minarets are 63 meters high - the age when Muhammad died. More than 5,000 worshippers can easily pray inside the mosque. There are four minarets in each corner of the mosque, the whole mosque is painted white and the dome is gold.
9. The Museum of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan The next place worth visiting is the Museum of the First President of Kazakhstan. It was founded in 2004. This majestic building has several halls that present historical artifacts, many awards, weapons, statues, etc. Believe me, this is one of the most interesting places to visit in Astana!
10. Palace of Peace and Reconciliation In fact, it is a non-denominational national spiritual center where delegations from around the world come and talk about peace, harmony and help. This congress is held every three years. Due to its design and architecture, this place is very much liked by tourists. The height of the building reaches 62 meters. From the outside, it is painted in the color of the national flag to create a sense of patriotism. Overall, you will have a wonderful experience after visiting this building.
When exactly is the best time to visit Kazakhstan and how to get the most out of your stay in this country?
(ru) Казахстан радушно приглашает вас! И предлагает лучшие места и локации в Алматы, которые понравятся любителям истории и современности, взрослым и детям, молодежи и зрелым путешественникам.
Merry holiday New Year love and celebrate in a big way around the world, and in some countries, holiday holidays last up to two weeks (or even longer). But most of the peoples of Asia are still lucky twice as much - according to the Eastern calendar, it is customary to meet the first minutes of the new year on the day of the spring equinox.